Saturday, November 23, 2013

Shower of Blessings - Again!!

Dear Vivi -

Being a part of a church family is one of the greatest gifts and blessings that you can have.  You are doubly fortunate because you have not just one but two church families - the one where Mommy works, and the one where Daddy works and we worship - who have supported Daddy and me, and been loving and praying you home.

The wonderful folks from Mommy's church threw a shower for us a few weeks ago and after I posted it, I realized that I hadn't blogged about the shower that the Women's Bible Study that Mommy leads had thrown for you back in September!  Here are the pics from that wonderful evening together.

We held it in the room where our bible study meets and everything was so beautifully decorated.  They were the ones that started the tree painting that you can see on this table in the picture, and it was continued at the Holy Innocents' shower.
The instructions for "signing in" on the tree.
Um, yum!!  Gluten free cupcakes...

So many wonderful ladies in this group!





Such beautiful decorations.

A beautiful handmade quilt for you!

The tree, as it was finished by all of women there.

It was all for you, Vivi.
We love you, and we love that we're not the only ones who love you, and want you, and can't wait to have you as part of their family!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting on PA for a sweet little girl from Anyang who has SB too! So excited to find another momma who is a little farther along in the journey! (Sorry, I googled Anyang and found an earlier post!) Congrats on your sweet Vivi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! If you check this again, please email me directly at kellyannblack at yahoo dot com. I would love to know more about you and your girl! We're traveling on Wednesday to China and if we end up going to the SWI and your daughter is there (assuming she's not fostered), I'd love to try to get a few pictures of her for you if you're allowed to show me what she looks like prior to PA. I didn't have this during our process and would have LOVED for someone to give me more pics! Hope you email me!

      Delete