Sunday, June 22, 2014

Deja Pool

Dear Vivi -

Yesterday your brothers asked me to dig out the baby pools from the garage so that they could splash around in the hot sun.  So I obliged, and when woke up from your nap, you joined them.

I just had to grab my camera because as soon as I saw you sitting in the pool, I was reminded of a picture we received 11 months ago:
It's a picture of a little girl that we simultaneously knew so well and yet not at all.  As with every other picture we had received, we studied it and tried to read between the pixels - how were you doing? Were you healthy? Could you walk at all? Were you happy?

And now, 11 months later, here you are.
In your own (much dirtier - thank you, Micah & Liam) pool, on your own lawn, playing with your own toys.  I see legs that are so much straighter and so much stronger.  I see a curious smile because you know that you can explore your world - and that it is your world forever. I see a sweet girl at home.

What a difference a year makes.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment